Tuesday 20 October 2009

Angling Times Jon Walker big fish challenge 20th October 2009

Specimen hunter John Walker

Today the Angling Times visited Rolfslake to watch Jon Walker fish and see if he could continue catching the massive carp that have been visiting his landing net of late. This is a follow on from his second place in last weeks open where Jon caught 9 fish for 169-00 with a lake record mirror of 27-00 caught on his pole.
At the lake today was reporter Ben Fisk from the Angling Times John Bennett and me Eddie and an amazing day was had but this report will be completed after the Angling Times has come out next week so as not to spoil it for Ben.
What i can tell you is that John B and myself also had a go and with a cold day and a blustery wind i was never going to be easy, and with John fishing meat he had fish to 17-08 and plenty of bites, and with me not having my X4 paste mix with me i had to use some of John's paste mix which had the consistency of mortar but i still had plenty of bites and plenty of fish by fishing in front of the bush to my left on peg 28. Considering how cold it was i was still getting elastic pulling bites from the hungry carp which resulted in fish and broken rigs but still an enjoyable couple of hours and set me up nicely for tomorrows open.

Until the next report tight lines Eddie.

No comments:

Post a Comment