Friday 30 October 2009

Rolfslake pleasure fishing day 30th October 2009

The lake looking lovely as usual
Today i was lucky enough to be able to fish Rolfslake on a rare pleasure fishing trip and i also took my wife Irene to keep me company. Also down on the lake was Paul Jay and the Beasley brothers Dave and Brian who were practising for a match next week and a friend of Paul's so i would be able to see who was catching. I arrived at 11.30 to find all the guys on the motorway bank so i had a choice of all the flyers 18,16, 13, 9, and 8 but today i wanted to correct my nightmare match on peg 14 last Wednesday so today it was peg 14 again. I again was going to use the correct version of my X4 paste fished on a 5 metre line using my 5 metre margin pole and Vespe orange elastic to give me the best chance to land the bigger fish. I fed through a cup my 6mm pellet with my paste and as soon as the float settled a mass of bubbles came up and the float burried and i was in to my first carp and it was landed in 2 minutes, much to the surprise of the anglers on the other bank. Next put in with the paste and no pellet the pole was nearly pulled out of my hands as soon as the paste reached the bottom and my second double in a row was looking up at me from the landing net.
For the next 3 hours i had loads of bites ranging from little dips to the elastic pulling out of the pole to the pole pulling around and nearly out of my hands, and quite a few fish were caught on the drop and all on the paste. I did lose a few because of the shortness of the pole but i did have a really enjoyable and enlightning day and learnt more about paste fishing in cold water which will hopefully bring me a few fish in the next couple of weeks.
Paul and the guys on the opposite bank all caught on a variety of baits from corn to meat to soft and banded pellet and they also caught big fish to 16-08 all fished on the deck long. There were plenty of fish bubbling and cruising about so things are looking up for the Saturday open tomorrow.


Jon Walker paste floats

These are the new Jon Walker floats that he has been making recently and are the same floats that he used in his Angling Times Feature to catch his big carp to 21lb.

I have been lucky enough to aquire some of these floats and have been using them for my paste fishing and they are brilliant. I use them unshotted and use the paste to weight the float down but they are very sensitive even if you leave all the bristle showing. The other anglers use these floats for their corn and meat fishing dotting the float down to give the best bites and being quite long are very stable in the wind. If you are lucky enough to see Jon Walker down on the lake just ask him to show you some.

A nice double to start


A very nice double figure common.
Last fish of the day

Until my next report tight lines Eddie

No comments:

Post a Comment